Saturday, February 21, 2009

Section One - Know thine Enemy


Who is the enemy and where did the enemy come from?
The questions above are answered below through the study of God’s Word. As you read the following verses you will become acquainted with the enemy of our soul and how he became the adversary and accuser of mankind. This study must come first before we can go any further. It is my earnest prayer that this message prompted by the Holy Spirit will assist us all with our pilgrimage here on planet Earth.

With that said, let’s begin our journey of restoration, transformation, purpose, placement, and relationship.

I John 3:8 KJV
He that committeth sin is of the devil, for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Satan, (known as Lucifer before he sinned) wanted to be equal with God.
Isaiah 14:12-14
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning how art thou cut to the ground, which didst weakened the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the Most High.’

Satan fell from the highest heaven

Revelation 12:7-9
And war broke out in heaven! Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer. So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Ezekiel 28:14-15
You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; you were on the holy mountain of God; you walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones. You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, till iniquity was found in you.

Satan was a murderer and a liar from the beginning.

John 8:44
You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

Ezekiel 28:16
By the abundance of your trading you became filled with violence within, and you sinned; therefore I cast you as a profane thing out of the mountain of God; and I destroyed you, O covering cherub, from the midst of the fiery stones.

John 10:10
The thief (Satan) cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Further Scriptural References:
Daniel 10:13; Job 1; Job 2; Ephesians 6:12; John 12:31; Matthew 4:3-11; Revelation 12:9, 13:4-15. (Be sure to read the first two chapters of Job carefully).


Reflecting God’s glory:
Lucifer was created to reflect Gods’ glory; we however were created in His image, in the image of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:26-27) You can imagine that Satan is not too happy about our existence and has made it quite clear what he plans to do about it.

It is important to give these scriptures references to you, since many of us haven’t taken the time to investigate the enemy of our soul. It is not a pleasant thing to do, and some are a little hesitant in speaking about Satan. They have given the excuse that speaking about him will glorify him. We are never to glorify the enemy, we are to expose him! No decent General of any army ever goes into battle without studying and knowing his enemy. We have failed as the Church to understand the tactics of our adversary and strategize against his kingdom of darkness. In the following sections I will share with you why.

Isn’t God in control?
Yes, the Lord YHWH (Yahweh) is in full control otherwise I wouldn’t be here and you wouldn’t be reading this manual. The question in my heart to the Lord of Lords has always been; “Why doesn’t the Lord just get rid of this Devil and we could all live happily ever after.”
I mentioned in the first paragraph of this study that we as people are here on this planet as pilgrims. We are here on a journey. We have been sent here for a purpose. After being reintroduced back to the Father who created us, accepting the sacrifice of our Lord and Savior Jesus our Messiah, on the cross of Calvary, for the remission of sins, then receiving the risen Lord Jesus into our heart by the Holy Spirit who; being the promise sent to us after Jesus ascended back into Heaven, we start our journey to the Celestial City. After once being “lost” right out of the womb on this journey and now “found,” we then are able to start our walk on the “right path” advancing the Kingdom of Jesus Christ here on this planet (whew). (A great book to read is; “A Pilgrims Progress” by John Bunyan.)

I Peter 2:9-11:
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into marvelous light: Which in times past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy. Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims abstain from fleshly lust, which war against the soul.

Many a religion has been motivated by our enemy to keep us from the truth of the Cross. As I have studied the enemy’s tactics, I have learned that he will do whatever it takes to cause you to doubt your faith in Christ Jesus as well as your purpose here. When we understand the purpose of our existence, it makes it easier to understand the enemy’s tactics against us. If he can not kill us in the womb, he will try to destroy us after. If he can not destroy our bodies, then he will work on our minds. The enemy knowing that we have an imagination and expressive creative abilities will try to influence those areas with lies and deceit. This is done at an early age by offenses done unto us.

The Tactic of Secrets:
Secret societies are everywhere in the world, and have been since the first worship of a false god by man. Cults such as Freemasons and the Illuminati are but covers for the rise of the antichrist in the last days. These cults use terms and sayings like; “Do what thou wilt,” “oneness,” “new age,” “free and accepted,” “Lucifer is the true God,” “Grand Architect of the Universe,” “all paths lead to heaven,” “you can achieve godhood,” etc. Satan is all about manipulating our “free will” and likes to start doing that when we are but out of our mother’s womb.

Still in control:
I was blessed as a young child to have had a visitation from the Lord. My step father at the time had become drunk and threatened to kill my mom and the rest of us one evening this happened quite often in our home but this time I believed he would do it. I was only seven, yet I knew enough to run into my room and get down on my knees and pray to God for deliverance.
As I was praying, a bright light came to me and the Lord spoke to me. He assured me that no one would be allowed to kill me and that I would be helping Him with His Church when I grew older. Shortly there after, I was hit by a pick up truck while on my bicycle and I walked away with no scratches or injuries. The big dent in the truck that hit me and my mangled bicycle was all the damage the enemy of my soul could muster up. I could give you testimony after testimony of how many times the Lord has protected me from harm. Praise the King of Kings! He’s still in control. A few years latter my dad filed for full custody of my sister and I and we ended up living with him until I graduated from High School.

I remember while reading my Bible one day in my dad’s recliner (age ten or eleven), my dad, who came into the room where I was, took a large Bible off the bookshelf and dusted it off and handed it to me. He said that this was the Masonic Bible and he went through the front of the Bible to show me all the Presidents of the United States that were Freemasons. He was so proud of this Bible. He even told me that one day when I was an adult I could join too. I asked my dad what was Freemasons? He told me that it was a secret and that one day if they picked me that they would tell me. He closed the Bible and promptly put it back on the shelf not to touch it again as long as I could remember. As my dad left the room, I pondered the whole thing of Freemasons and the fact that they had to choose you to join, (great, more rejection!) The Holy Spirit then spoke to me and said; “If it is a secret, it is not from me.”

That ended it for me; I never really gave it much thought until they started to recruit me in my early twenties. I praise God that He kept me to busy to take much thought in joining some elitist organization that denies Christ and the true Creator of the whole Universe.

Free will:
Another question I have laid before the King of Kings with. The question of “free will” has always been on my heart. I have pondered over and over what would life be like without it? Would we be like ants or bees going forth to do a distinct task or duty without questioning, “Why” or have the ability to do anything about it? We have all concluded by watching the Discovery Channel from America, these insects did their tasks and fulfilled their purpose for the advancement of the whole ant colony or bee hive.

Hollywood, California has been making movies left and right over this issue. Most recently, we have seen cute little movies about ants and bees. For what ever reason the screen writers wrote these stories I can assure you they have all asked the same question I have been asking; “what is free will?”

Obviously, Lucifer must have had free will to be able to choose to get off the path of his assigned duty as the anointed and covering cherub and be the rebellious angel who led 1/3 of Heaven’s angels to their eminent demise. In the scriptural reference looked at earlier, Ezekiel 28:14-15, it is obvious that Satan had stepped out of his assigned duty and then was cast out of the Holy Mountain by God.

Turning away from our true Creator; “Yahweh,” to embrace an antichrist religion that excuses sinful behavior is very liberal and dangerous living. The only thing that should be liberal about us as Christians should be our love for all mankind.

Knowing our Lord created us with “free will” concludes in my spirit, our Lord is a “True and Living God”. To give me the opportunity to choose Him or not, is all the proof I need to exalt Him above all else. This is true LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment